Grants and Funding
|Funding Name||Agency||Amount||Brief Details||Apply|
|CIIT Research Grants Program (CRGP or CIIT RGP)||CIIT||Upto Rs. 200,000||All faculty members of CIIT are eligible for the CRGP; however, preference will be given to young faculty and the first timers.||Applications (in triplicate) for
securing CRGP should be made on the prescribed form and sent to ORIC-PS (Office of
Research Innovation and Commercialization, Principal Seat) Division at any time of the year.
Download CIIT RGP Brochure & Application Form
|Grant for Organizing Seminars/ Conferences/
|Commercial / Innovative Products?????????? (for industry/Startups)
|National ICT R&D||Research grants will be awarded for innovative ICT-related product development projects by the industry.
These projects should be based on either a universally known technology or a new technology/product developed by the applicant and should be aimed at achieving economically viable systems, products, or processes beneficial to the nation.
Application Form (Revised Feb. 2016)
Evaluation Form (Revised Feb. 2016)
|Technical Research & Development?? (for Academic Institutions)
|National ICT R&D||Research grants will be awarded for high-level and promising ICT-related development and research projects by individuals or groups from academia and/or industry actively involved in the development and research individually or collaboratively. These projects should be based on either a universally known technology or a new technology developed by the applicant and should be aimed at achieving economically viable systems, products, or processes beneficial to the nation.||Application Form (Revised Feb. 2016)
Evaluation Form (Revised Feb. 2016)
|National Research Grant for Universities
|HEC||Details can be
|[ Research Grants Form/Application Form 2016 ]
Deadline: May 10, 2016
Source: funding_agencies_booklet by ORIC office, CIIT, Islamabad. It is better to read for other international grants such as:
- Pakistan Program for Collaborative Research (HEC)
- Initiating collaboration between faculty members abroad and those in Pakistan
- The experts from foreign universities will be involved in developing curriculum, updating laboratory techniques, and provide guidance to post graduates students in Pakistani universities
- Community of foreign experts will be encouraged to develop joint-research programs with local faculty and to provide expertise for the overall development of concerned departments.
- European Research Council Starting Grant
- The PI must have been awarded his/her first PhD or equivalent doctoral degree and at least 2 to 7 years prior to the publication date ofthe call for proposals of the ERC Starting Grant.
- Georg Forster Research Fellowship (HERMES)
- for postdoctoral researchers
- extended periods of research (6-24 months) in Germany
- financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and co-financed by the European Union (EU) in the 7th Framework
- The programme is scheduled to run from 01/07/2013 to 30/06/2018
- a monthly fellowship of ???2,650 for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years) or ???3,150 for experienced researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years)
- flexible starting date and – for experienced researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays
- additional financial support for accompanying family members and items like travel expenses and comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
- As many as 80 Georg Forster Research Fellowships can be granted annually. In the last few years, about one third of applications were successful
- International Research Support Initiative Program (IRSIP, HEC)
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is offering a six month research fellowship abroad to full time PhD students enrolled in Pakistan to enhance their research capabilities.
- Completed coursework of 18 credit hours, at least.
- Passed the international GRE subject test offered by ETS where applicable OR passed the local GRE subject test offered by NTS.
- Who has an approved PhD research topic and synopsis by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR)
- Who has an official acceptance/invitation letter for research from a foreign
university/institute. The university/institute must be listed in top 200 universities list
- Knowledge Economy Partnerships Pakistan ??? UK
- knowledge economy partnerships which will provide a grant of up to ??15,000 to link academia with non-university partners with the objective of facilitating joint research between UK and Pakistani Universities.
- Pak-Norway Institutional Cooperation Framework
- Exchange of technical, managerial and intellectual know-how;
- Joint Research and Training Programmes;
- Fellowships (short/long-term);
- Exchange ofrelevant staffmembers;
- Joint Workshops/ Seminars/ Study Visits;
- Acquiring Relevant Equipment.