- The result of synopsis presentations of the fee defaulters was upheld in the previous post is now available after they have submitted their dues
- Revised date of synopsis submission is changed to June 10, 2016
- Students who are required to represent their synopsis will have a short presentation after June 13, 2016
- Revised date of Final thesis internal presentation is from June 13, 2016. A detailed information of steps to be followed will be posted later. Meanwhile, you may meet your supervisors and finalize your presentations.
- No one will be allowed to appear for the external final presentation without submitting his/her work as technical paper (submitted to a journal or ready to submit) to the Department Advisory Committee.
Synopsis presentations were held during April 26-30 by the Department Advisory Committee (DAC). The result of each evaluation is listed in the result report which can be downloaded from here -> Result – Synopsis Presentations SP 2016 (including those who cleared their Fee). Students are advised to carefully see the comments and do the following:
- Provide missing items (hardcopy, Turnitin submission, presentation) as listed in the comments
- RESUBMIT: Collect your previously submitted report.
- Correct mistakes, update report/presentation as stated and RESUBMIT.
- Provide a rebuttal document which shows what changes you have made to address each suggested correction
- ADVISE: Where it is written ADVISE, you are not required to do changes in the synopsis. But you MUST be able to answer these questions when you come for Final Presentation.
- REPRESENT: Prepare for Representation if advised
- NOT PROCESSED: Submit your outstanding dues for further processing. People on PMFRS are also required to submit all dues as their scholarship is under REIMBURSEMENT SCHEME i.e. you pay your fee as a normal student and PMSRS will give (reimburse) you check later on.
- Submit Revisions by 10th June, 2016
You are welcome to attend the PhD Research Seminar of Mr. Tahir Maqsood – PhD scholar in CS Department who has completed his course + research work. The details of the seminar are as follows:
|PhD Scholar (Presenter)||Mr. Tahir Maqsood|
|Supervisor||Dr. Sajjad A. Madani|
|Time||11:00 – 13:00|
|Date||25th May, 2016|
Title: Energy Efficient Task and Data Scheduling for Large-Scale Computing Systems
With the advancement in integration technologies and nanotechnology, hundreds of processing cores can be integrated onto a single chip referred to as Multi-Processor System-on-Chip (MPSoC). In contrast to traditional single core processors, MPSoCs can provide increased computational capabilities at a low cost with much improved energy efficiency. The current trend clearly indicates the dominance of multicore processor systems in the forthcoming personal and household devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, and laptops. Moreover, researchers anticipate that the majority of future large-scale high performance computing systems will be based on MPSoC architecture. Similarly, multicore architectures are also being adopted for safety critical systems, such as avionics, automotive controls, and health monitoring systems. Multiple processing cores executing a set of communicating tasks often need to share large amount of data with each other. In this regard, Network-on-Chip (NoC) has emerged as a viable solution to provide efficient and scalable communication architecture for next generation MPSoCs. However, the performance and energy efficiency of MPSoCs largely depend upon the optimal task scheduling, data allocation, and core mapping. Minimizing energy consumption and network load is a major challenge for NoC based multicore processor systems. Efficient task and core mapping can greatly reduce energy consumption and communication overhead among the interacting tasks. Therefore, we have developed algorithms to jointly address the problem of optimizing energy efficiency and communication overhead for NoC based multicore processor systems.
Mr. Tahir Maqsood received his B.S. in Computer Science from PIMSAT, Karachi, Pakistan, in 2001, Master in Computer Science from KASBIT, Karachi, Pakistan, in 2004, and M.S. in Computer Networks from Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK, in 2007. He is enrolled as a PhD candidate at Computer Science Department, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Abbottabad, Pakistan. His research interests include task scheduling, application mapping, energy efficient systems, and network performance evaluation.
Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) has announced master level Scholarships. Last date has already passed but due to the availability of more scholarships you can still apply through Office of Development (OOD), CIIT, Abbottabad before THURSDAY 19TH MAY 2016.
Following documents shall be mandatory for nominated candidates.
- Domicile Certificate
- Utility bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone)
- Death Certificate in case parents/Guardian is deceased
- Form “B” stating Number of Family members
- Income Certificate and Pension book/copy (where applicable)
- In case of business, Affidavit stating income details.
- If living in Rented house, Rent agreement shall be attached.
- Siblings Fee slips if studying
- Details of Academic Record, copies of degrees/ transcripts.
- Details of any previous scholarship availed during Academic career
- CNIC of Applicant and Guardian/Parents.
- Any other detail showing source of Income(Property/Business etc)
For any further details you may visit PEEF website (http://www.peef.org.pk/) or contact the Office of Developement (OOD), CIIT, Abbottabad.
@Class CRs (of SP15, FA15, SP16): Receive Exam Entry Coupons of your class from the Graduate Coordinator.
@Students taking courses: You can collect your Mid term Exam Entry Coupon from your class CR. PhD students will collect their coupons directly from the Graduate Coordinator.
@Fee Defaulters: No favour will be extended to the fee defaulters. You can ONLY get your Exam Entry Coupon from the Gradutate Coordinator after submitting your ALL outstanding dues by the deadline which is 6th May, 2016.
Following students are required to visit Admin Block, Room N105 – Mr. Gharib Nawaz and get photographed as per following schedule:
- This (Student) Week: From 10 AM to 4:30 PM
- Next Week: Wednesday to Friday from 10 AM to 4:30 PM
Mr Gharib Nawaz would be available most of the time with exceptions of Lunch/Prayer break and outside for any other important/urgent assignments. Therefore, if a student visits and does not find him then he/she should try again after an hour.
After Friday May 13, 2016 there will be no more photo-ops session and the Portals of the remaining students would be blocked and they might loose their Sessional-2 results as well. And yes, students should come neat & clean and along with their Student ID card (mandatory)
|5||FA14-R01-009||Misbah Ambreen Raza|
|8||FA14-R01-013||Sami Ullah Khan|
|14||SP14-R01-002||Qurat Ul Ain|
|15||SP14-R01-003||Muhammad Abrar Khan|
|33||FA12-R01-008||Hafiz Muhammad Shakeel|
Graduate Poster Competition will be arranged for graduate students to display their research. Graduate students have to display pre-designed posters showing their research work. Rules of the Graduate Poster Competition are as follows:
- This compitition will be on individual basis as well as group basis (in case of group research).
- Poster size should be 3*2 Feet to be printed later on panaflex
- The last date for submission is Thursday 5th till 5:00 PM. Send by email to to Dr. Iftikhar Ahmed Khan (Iftikharahmed@ciit.net.pk) or Mr. Waqar Khurshid (email@example.com)
- On Friday, a panel of Judges will decide the finalists who will be presenting in the Vision ICT 2016.
- Panaflex printing will be sponsored by the Department for the finalists.
Reference: Previous message to submit missing documents
Following students have not collected their letter of missing documents. They will NOT be allowed to sit in the exam, their synopsis/thesis will NOT considered.