All of you who are interested in presenting final thesis in this semester (FA16) are required to register themselves for first internal presentation till 24/11/2016. It must be noted that internal presentations are mandatory to go for final defense. Dates for presentation will be communicated soon. You can register yourself by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org till the due date. The email should contain the following information.
Synopsis Presentations for Fall 2016 are going to be held from Nov. 8 to Nov. 11 2016. The venue of presentations will be CS discussion room and/or PG Lab. The student will be called randomly for presentations, therefore, it is neccessary that you are present at that time. The Timings of the presentations are following.
Tuesday, Nov. 8 15:00 – 17:00
Wednesday Nov. 9 15:00 – 17:00
Thursday Nov. 10 11:30 – 14:00
Friday Nov. 11 11:30 on wards excluding prayer timings.
Please submit all required documents by Nov. 4 as mentioned in the previous email. Moreover, IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ONLY ONE STUDENT FROM ONE BATCH CAN REGISTER WITH ANY SUPERVISOR (ONE SUPERVISOR SHOULD NOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE STUDENT OF SAME BATCH). Therefore, if multiple students of same batch are registered with same supervisor , they should change supervisors.
If you are planning to present synopsis in Fall 2016 semester, then check the Guide for Synopsis Students for the process and schedules/deadlines.
This message is in continuation to the previous message (see here).
Internal Final Thesis Presentations will be conducted from Wednesday, July 13, 2016. In order to appear for the presentation you MUST HAVE DONE the following by July 12, 2016:
- Complete Draft of Paper submitted to the supervisor and also submitted to the DAC through Turnitin as mandated and informed at the start of the semester
- Certificate of paper submission signed by the supervisor to be submitted to the Graduate Coordinator (Download from here)
- First draft of Thesis to be submitted through Turnitin for onward review by the External Examiner
- All fee dues cleared.
MS students who have completed their research work can appear for the 1st internal presentation of the Final Thesis. If your supervisor is satisfied with your work then come prepared for the presentations starting from Tuesday 21st June, 2016. You must register for the presentation not later than Monday 20th June, 2016 by filling a form at the following link:
There is NO presentation template as such; however your presentation MUST have slides to include the following:
- Related Work
- Problem Statement
- Research Methodology
- Proposed Solution
- Conclusion/Future Work
Send your presentation to email@example.com
You are not required to submit anything at this stage except emailing your presentation. However, keep in mind that to be allowed to appear for the external exam, following pre-requisites are MUST:
- Satisfactory presentation of your thesis work approved by the Department Advisory Committee (starting from Tuesday 21st)
- Paper submission by 11th July, 2016 (to DAC through Turnitin)
- 2nd presentation (representation) of the suggested changes to be held after 11th July, 2016 (if suggested in the 1st presentations)
Students who will clear these requirements will be recommended for the External Final Thesis Presentations starting from 25th July, 2016
Synopsis presentations were held during April 26-30 by the Department Advisory Committee (DAC). The result of each evaluation is listed in the result report which can be downloaded from here -> Result – Synopsis Presentations SP 2016 (including those who cleared their Fee). Students are advised to carefully see the comments and do the following:
- Provide missing items (hardcopy, Turnitin submission, presentation) as listed in the comments
- RESUBMIT: Collect your previously submitted report.
- Correct mistakes, update report/presentation as stated and RESUBMIT.
- Provide a rebuttal document which shows what changes you have made to address each suggested correction
- ADVISE: Where it is written ADVISE, you are not required to do changes in the synopsis. But you MUST be able to answer these questions when you come for Final Presentation.
- REPRESENT: Prepare for Representation if advised
- NOT PROCESSED: Submit your outstanding dues for further processing. People on PMFRS are also required to submit all dues as their scholarship is under REIMBURSEMENT SCHEME i.e. you pay your fee as a normal student and PMSRS will give (reimburse) you check later on.
- Submit Revisions by 10th June, 2016
Following students have registered for the Synopsis Presentations to be held for Spring 2016. Presentations will start at 10:30 am from April 27, 2016.
||Qurat ul Ain
||Network–Aware Hierarchy Based Fog Computing Architecture
||Dr. Kashif Bilal
||Impact Of Data Management On Qos Aware Workflow Scheduling In Multi-Cloud Data Centers
||Dr. Babar Nazir
||Identification Of Microrna Precursor With The Pnn-Mipred
||Dr. Sajid Shah
||Sentiment Analysis Of Urdu Text
||Dr. Zobia Rehman
||Muhammad Abrar Khan
||Service Discovery And Forwarding Architecture In Fog Computing
||Dr. Kashif Bilal
||A Cloud-Based Carpooling Recommendation System For Optimizing The Objectives Of Drivers And Passengers Of Pakistan
||Dr. Osman Khalid
||Evaluation And Analysis Of Urdu Educational Apps For Kids
||Dr. Tassawar Iqbal
||Providing Therapy To Stroke Patients Using Kinect: An Empirical Study
||Dr. Iftikhar Ahmed Khan
||Syed Awais Kazmi
||A Hybrid Approach To Automatic Query Expansion System For Urdu Language
||Dr. Waqas Anwar
||A Template-Based Sentence Generation System For Urdu Using Domain Ontology
||Dr. Zobia Rehman
Dear Thesis doing students!
The first session of the guidance seminar covered all administrative aspects, deadlines, requirements, submission process, etc. In addition, you were informed about using the correct synopsis template and writing each section of the synopsis correctly. Due to the shortage of time, we could not cover the second part which is more about DOING RESEARCH.
The second session of the Thesis Guidance Seminar will be conducted as per following schedule:
Time and Venu:
- Z-Block Conference Room
- Time -> 12:00 – 1:30
- Date -> Monday 11th April, 2016
A special guidance presentation (How to do Thesis) for thesis students is arranged on Thursday 7th April 2016. This presentation is MANDATORY FOR THESIS DOING STUDENTS (and optional for others) so that you are well informed and guided for your Synopsis and Final Thesis Presentations. If you do not attend this seminar, you will find various difficulties in understanding the process of writing, submitting, presenting your thesis. You will also be guided about other requirements such as plagiarisim checking, paper submission requirements, etc. Attendance will be marked and there will not be any repetition (rules, requirements, process guidance) for the absent students.
- Dr. Mudassar Aslam (Graduate Program Coordinator)
- Dr. Zia ur Rehman
Time and Venu:
- A-Block (Room : A220)
- Time -> 4:45 – 6:15
The presentations will cover the following:
- What is Synopsis Proposal? How to write, submit and present? (Dr. Mudassar Aslam)
- Thesis doing : From Synopsis to Defence (Dr. Mudassar Aslam)
- How to do research with effective tools? (Dr. Zia-ur-Rehman)
- Student Questions, Queries