Those students who have already submitted their synopsis (after approval by their supervisory committee) are to present their synopsis in a seminar on Thursday, September 27 at 9.45 am in the Z-block Conference Room. Each student must prepare presentation of 15 minutes. All MS and PhD students are invited to attend the seminar.
Those students who have not yet submitted their synopsis will be given another opportunity next month.
The students listed here are advised to contact their supervisors and submit a revised synopsis document as per recommendation of the evaluation committee, which have already been shared with the supervisors. Additionally, a rebuttal document signed by the supervisor must be attached to the revised synopsis. The last date for submitting these documents is May 14th 2018.
|| Enrollment #
||Dr. Fiaz Gul Khan
||Dr. Abdul Nasir
||Dr. Junaid Shuja
All of those who want to present synopsis in SP18 are requested to please register yourself for the presentation. You can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information ( registration should be done before 12 noon on April 10).
registration number, name, thesis topic, supervisor name
Synopsis presentations will be starting on April 16, 2018. Schedule will be posted once the registration ends.
Please go through the following guidelines while selecting problem for your synopsis presentation.
Problem statement should be clear and concise backed by latest reference (up to 4 years old). Problem statement may belong to one of the following cases.
1. The problem is new and has not been dealt by anyone before (The problem has not been dealt before. This claim will be verified by the committee by looking at the work in that particular domain. In this case a justification is needed for: a) for the problem itself that whatever you are presenting is the problem and needs to be solved. Moreover, what benefit is there for solving this problem (This would be the motivation)
2. The problem is not new and has been worked on by the community. In that case shortcomings in the existing work need to be identified. Moreover, what are the benefits by solving the issue (or why there is need to solve that particular issue)
3. The problem is not new and has been fully worked on. You want to reconsider the problem with a new approach (You basically want to improve some evaluation criteria). In this particular case, you need to identify the theoretical basis that you think will improve the identified parameter. What are the theoretical grounds upon which you think the parameter will be improved.
Synopsis presentations of MS-Cyber Security (Batch 1) are scheduled on January 18, 2018 (Thursday). You are requested to email me the following before January 15
Registration Number, Name, Title of synopsis, supervisor name
Following is the schedule of synopsis presentations. Following are the names that were received when I asked for it at the beginning of the semester. If someone else wants to present he/she can contact me till tomorrow. Please note that if I have conveyed any observation to you regarding supervisor change or any other matter, that holds true.
||Jan. 2, 2018
||Jan. 2, 2018
||Jan. 2, 2018
||Jan. 2, 2018
||Jan. 3, 2018
||Jan. 3, 2018
||Jan. 3, 2018
All those who are planning to present their synopsis proposals in this semester are informed that synopsis
presentations will be held from October 23 – October 27, 2017. You are required to prepare your
synopsis report and presentation in the meantime. You are also required to send soft copy of your proposal and
presentation to email@example.com before October 19, 2017. Any proposal sent after the deadline will not be
entertained in this semester. Things to remeber:
1. There will be only one synopsis presentation that will either be cleared or rejected. In case of rejection, you
will be presenting in next semester.
2. Any supervisor can only supervise 3 (three) thesis at any given time (where 2 co-supervisions make one full
supervision). so be careful in choosing the supervisors.
ALL THE BEST
The following students who defended their synopsis in SP17 are requested to please submit turnitin similarity report at their earliest as per new requirements for approval of synopsis. Moreover, they are also required to fill in a new form that can be collected from my office. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AS YOUR SYNOPSIS ARE STILL IN APPROVAL PROCESS AND YOU CANNOT PRESENT YOUR THESIS WITHOUT APPROVAL.
||Code Review Based Energy Estimation for Network Data Dependent Applications.
||An Enhanced Content-Based Image Retrieval System in Compressed Domain.
||Energy Efficient Resource Management in Fog Computing.
||Altaf ur Rehman
||Predicting DNA Methylation Site using machine learning Techniques.
||Comparison of template & statistical Natural Language Generation (NLG) of Urdu Text for cricket commentary.
||Ejaz Ul Haq
||Fog-Enabled Real Time Recommendation System for Road Traffic Congestion Avoidance.
||Fog Enabled Venue based Context Aware Recommendation System.
||A Joint CPU-RAM based Energy Efficient Resource Allocation for Clouds.
||Linear Collaborative representation learning approach for Dimensionality Reduction.
||Predicting Sentiment Bias using Personality Traits of Users on YouTube.
||Fine-grained Topical Community Detection in Social Networks.
||Optimizing Cache Placement Policy in Information Centric Networks using Fog Computing.
||Muhammad Sohaib Mir
||Automatic Text Summarization for Urdu.
||Rotational and Scale Invariant Animated Logo Detection and Classification
All those MS(CS) thesis students who are planning to defend their final thesis in this semester are required to do the following.
- Register yourself for final defense by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email should include your registration number, name, thesis title, supervisor name, and co-supervisor name. Last date for registration is September 29, 2017.
- First thesis presentations will be held in second week of October.
- Make sure that your thesis is registered (in CUOnline) in this semester failing which you will not be allowed to present your thesis.
- All MS(CS) and MS(Cyber Security) students who wish to defend their synopsis are required to contact probable supervisors and start working on thesis. The format of synopsis is found on this blog in download section. The dates of synopsis presentation will be announced soon. Make sure you have registered thesis in addition to courses if you wish to defend the synopsis.
Today is last date of registration. Make sure you register your courses before 5:00 pm today.
All those who wish to present their synopsis in this semester are also required to register their thesis.
Result of the synopsis presentations are handed over to your respective supervisors. Those who have been suggested with changes in synopsis are required to modify the synopsis as per suggested changes and then do the following:
- Make two hard copies of your synopsis.
- Get both signed by supervisor and supervisory committee
- sign an undertaking that all suggested changes have been incorporated. Sign this undertaking and also get it signed by your supervisor.
- turnitin your proposal and get print of plagiarism report.
- submit two hard copies of synopsis, plagiarism report, and undertaking of point 3 to me directly. Due date of submission is April 28, 2017. Reports will not be accepted after due date.