All of those who want to present synopsis in SP18 are requested to please register yourself for the presentation. You can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information ( registration should be done before 12 noon on April 10).
registration number, name, thesis topic, supervisor name
Synopsis presentations will be starting on April 16, 2018. Schedule will be posted once the registration ends.
Please go through the following guidelines while selecting problem for your synopsis presentation.
Problem statement should be clear and concise backed by latest reference (up to 4 years old). Problem statement may belong to one of the following cases.
1. The problem is new and has not been dealt by anyone before (The problem has not been dealt before. This claim will be verified by the committee by looking at the work in that particular domain. In this case a justification is needed for: a) for the problem itself that whatever you are presenting is the problem and needs to be solved. Moreover, what benefit is there for solving this problem (This would be the motivation)
2. The problem is not new and has been worked on by the community. In that case shortcomings in the existing work need to be identified. Moreover, what are the benefits by solving the issue (or why there is need to solve that particular issue)
3. The problem is not new and has been fully worked on. You want to reconsider the problem with a new approach (You basically want to improve some evaluation criteria). In this particular case, you need to identify the theoretical basis that you think will improve the identified parameter. What are the theoretical grounds upon which you think the parameter will be improved.
The following students are not yet registered in SP18. If they fail to register till tommorow, they will be considered absent in this semester
You all are requested to complete your course registration before end of this week.
Students who have to register thesis and are beyond 4th semester are required to register thesis on card and submit to my office before March 9
The students of “Theory of Computation” are requested to assemble in PG Lab at 3:00 pm on September 28, 2017 . THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. I will take 10 minutes of yours . You can join your classes afterwards…
The following students are not yet registered in this semester. If you do not complete your registration by today, you will not be able to continue your studies in this semester.
All those MS(CS) thesis students who are planning to defend their final thesis in this semester are required to do the following.
- Register yourself for final defense by sending an email to email@example.com. Email should include your registration number, name, thesis title, supervisor name, and co-supervisor name. Last date for registration is September 29, 2017.
- First thesis presentations will be held in second week of October.
- Make sure that your thesis is registered (in CUOnline) in this semester failing which you will not be allowed to present your thesis.
- All MS(CS) and MS(Cyber Security) students who wish to defend their synopsis are required to contact probable supervisors and start working on thesis. The format of synopsis is found on this blog in download section. The dates of synopsis presentation will be announced soon. Make sure you have registered thesis in addition to courses if you wish to defend the synopsis.
The following students have not yet registered any course. If they fail to register any course, they will be marked absent in the semester.
||Misbah Ambreen Raza
||Dure E Shahwar
||Sana Tanveer Raja
||Muhammad Shohib Mir
Today is last date of registration. Make sure you register your courses before 5:00 pm today.
All those who wish to present their synopsis in this semester are also required to register their thesis.
Semester schedule for semester FA17 is attached here -> Graduate program Fall 17 final
Please note all of the deadlines and adhere to them.
Please make sure that your course registration is complete before Friday (Sep. 15). Registration will be closed after that